What Is A Commissions Pool?

General discussions about Our Downline Farm Business, including Questions, Ideas, Suggestions and your personal experience and opinions on the program.
downlineforum
Site Admin

Re: What Is An MLM Commissions Pool?

Postby downlineforum » Sat May 29, 2021 2:04 am

MLM Commission Pool Update:

I have renamed the feature to "Community Commission Pool" (The Page in DLF is called "Community Programs).

As announced in an email to members, AIOP is the first program in the Community Commission Pool, and we Already have the first signup and commission earned, which will probably be added to the profit sharing pool next month (when I request a payout from AIOP).

While for my second program I wanted a company with a variety of products, which would appeal to everyone, the only one of like that I found is Market America. They have products of almost every category imaginable. But the cost to become a distributor is too high. There's the starter kit at $429, then a monthly $21.95 fee and a $99.95 yearly fee for your replicated websites and back office.

While I would be able to afford it, I doubt we would get many signups at that price. It's a shame because it's a solid company, other than the ridiculous startup cost. One shouldn't have to pay a company to sell products for them, they should pay us. I have no problem with a small fee to set up your back office and websites and a small monthly or yearly fee to cover the cost of maintaining them, but theirs it way too high.

Right now I'm checking into a Health Products MLM. This company doesn't have the Super Hyped, Overpriced, "Greatest Product Ever" approach, which I feel is a turn off.

They sell what I call "Normal high demand nutrition products" (600 of them!), and their prices are about what you would find in Amazon or Walmart. They have been around a few Decades and their products are almost a household name (Nature's Sunshine).

I just signed up with them today, and will give an update when I've checked them out from the inside.

I know not everybody uses nutritional supplements, but the truth is Everybody SHOULD. Among their products are the standard supplements so many people already buy, such as vitamins D, C, B's, Probiotics, Omegas and COQ10, which everyone should be taking. And then there's the specific formulas for things like Heart Health, Pain Relief, Joint Care, Diabetes, Brain Health, Weight Loss, Muscle Building, etc.

I for one will just be transferring my supplement purchases from my current stores to Nature's Sunshine, and in some cases save money over where I buy them now. (And I use quite a bit of supplements).

I will have more updates soon.
Roberto Santana
DownlineFarm.com
EZbiz.co

Newsong

Re: What Is A Commissions Pool?

Postby Newsong » Sat May 29, 2021 12:05 pm

What about SFI? I see it promoted quite a bit so they still have the eye of the community.
David

ErnieG

Postby ErnieG » Sat May 29, 2021 4:48 pm

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for all your hard work with Downline Farm.

I appreciate that you passed on Market America, I think it would have been a bigger expense than moneymaker for most people.

I also appreciate that you are not bent on joining a new company built around the latest fad products. Nobody wants to put the work in to building a downline only to have it all crumble when the company folds or works through growing pains.

Natures Sunshine is a good, established and honest company. I was a member several years ago. I found some of their products to be better than others but most were of good quality and affordably priced. My one concern with NSP is since there is no monthly purchase requirement, many will join but won't make regular purchases or sales. Unless they've changed things I think the minimum sales requirement to earn a commission was $100. That being said, I think Natures Sunshine is a very solid choice.

Another possibility might be ClubShop, although it is not a health and wellness company. I am a member and have found them to be pretty reliable but like SFI the comp plan and the complex back office (members area) can be a bit confusing. To benefit from the pay system with ClubShop you have to at least be a basic member at $14.95 a month, there are other levels from there. The monthly subscription payment can be taken directly from a member's commission wallet, should they so choose. So ClubShop is well established, is international, and is very affordable for most anyone.

If you go with a wellness company, Natures Sunshine is so much better than most for Downline Farm because because it has so many products there is something for everyone.

Just my thoughts.

Ernie

downlineforum
Site Admin

Postby downlineforum » Sat May 29, 2021 8:30 pm

My first choice for the Community programs was SFI. What my research showed is that it's extremely confusing, and way too complicated for most of our members. We have so many members that have a hard time understanding DLF, which is super simple, that I don't think a super complicated program like SFI would work.

The more experienced network marketers can understand it, with allot of effort, but newcomers and intermediate folks will have a very hard time.

SFI is not alone in that category. I had to eliminate Prosperity Marketing and Worldprofit for the same reason.

From what I could see, the main problem is that they just have too many things going on, and some features are totally separate from others. And it's not just ONE aspect of the business that's complicated, it's pretty much everything.

But it's not out of the question that we may add SFI to the Community programs later on.

My second choice was Market America (see previous post), and if they ever reduce or eliminate the high starting cost, I will reconsider them.

As for Club Shop, that is actually one of the programs I'm looking into, but I have not finished researching them yet.

For now I think we should have a max of 3 programs on the Community Commissions Pool. Then as we grow we should be able to sustain more programs.

I'm thinking the third program should be a Traffic program, as that's something we all need. But it could be a General Merchandise / shopping site. Things we all buy anyway.

Thanks for the info on Natures Sunshine, Ernie. I have bought their products on Amazon. It's pretty weird for products from an MLM to be sold on Amazon, but I've even seen Natures Sunshine products in supermarkets and pharmacies. I'm just in the process of getting set up, so it will be a few days until I have it up on the DLF site.

DLF Members will have the opportunity to sign up as a rep, or just as a customer to use their great products. It will add to our profit sharing pool Either way.
Roberto Santana
DownlineFarm.com
EZbiz.co

Newsong

Postby Newsong » Sun May 30, 2021 1:52 am

Thanks for the update on SFI. I haven't joined it because I am building in the traffic area so I don't need something to plug into it yet. One thing I do find about many of these MLMs is they do make it overly confusing for a reason. It is to make a way for not paying people. But that is actually what sows the seeds of their destruction because as soon as the lower-level people learn they can't make much money, they quit.

When I'm looking for an MLM I always check to see if the product is competitively priced (which they usually aren't). They are supposed to be saving tons on overhead so there is very little reason they can't compete in the goods marketplace and still pay a commission.
David

Newsong

Postby Newsong » Sun May 30, 2021 1:53 am

A question regarding the plug-in traffic system. Are you able to track that for the contest and, if so, might it be a good idea to give double credits on that?
David

downlineforum
Site Admin

Postby downlineforum » Sun May 30, 2021 5:54 pm

Good point about Plugin-Traffic. I will check and get back to you, and if it does register on the contest I'll add it to the extra points.

P.S.
I've already added $5 to the pool from Plugin-Traffic sales, and because it's a monthly subscription some of those customers will be repeat customers until they cancel. Next Shop DLF product is a new Bitcoin purchasing company (with a twist). If you noticed I stopped promoting XCoins. That was because Visa & Mastercard are declining the purchases. (not just Xcoins, but All crypto sellers). But the new one works with your bank account.
Roberto Santana
DownlineFarm.com
EZbiz.co

downlineforum
Site Admin

Postby downlineforum » Sun May 30, 2021 6:04 pm

About SFI, another problem with adding them to the Community Commission Pool, is that we have about a dozen of our members who have added that program to the downline builder and I don't want to compete with them for SFI signups.

Also I may not allow programs from the Community pool to be on the downline builders (although I haven't made that decision yet).
Roberto Santana
DownlineFarm.com
EZbiz.co

downlineforum
Site Admin

Postby downlineforum » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:03 pm

Newsong wrote:A question regarding the plug-in traffic system. Are you able to track that for the contest and, if so, might it be a good idea to give double credits on that?

I tested the Plug-in Traffic and it did NOT register in the Top Promoter Contest. I don't know why that is because they DO register normally on my LeadsLeap tracker.
Roberto Santana
DownlineFarm.com
EZbiz.co

Newsong

Postby Newsong » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:33 pm

downlineforum wrote:
Newsong wrote:A question regarding the plug-in traffic system. Are you able to track that for the contest and, if so, might it be a good idea to give double credits on that?

I tested the Plug-in Traffic and it did NOT register in the Top Promoter Contest. I don't know why that is because they DO register normally on my LeadsLeap tracker.

That's too bad. I guess we will have to do without. Oh well. :)
David